What We Do
Covenant Foundation's purpose is to support Covenant Health's 155-year legacy of providing quality compassionate care -- healing the body, enriching the mind and nurturing the soul. The Foundation raises funds to help support leading edge programs and services, state of the art health care equipment, research and education.
Covenant Foundation exists to provide opportunities for the community at large to support and contribute to Covenant Health.
Through an annual grant application process, we are proud to work with our partners at Covenant facilities to deliver the funding they need to support the patients, residents and families they serve.
We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, including these milestones:
- Investing over $4 million to enhance the NICUs at the Grey Nuns and Misericordia Community Hospitals to ensure moms, babies and families have the best care and support available.
- Providing over $2 million to the Institute of Reconstruction Sciences Medicine (iRSM) at the Misericordia Community Hospital. iRSM is globally renowned for its pioneering work to rebuild faces and restore function after head and neck cancer or facial trauma.
- Granting $100,000 towards the enhancement of the Misericordia Community Hospital’s mental health program to create a more home-like atmosphere for patients.
- Funding more than $800,000 to renovate the Mel Miller Hospice at the Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre to create spaces of warmth and comfort for residents and their families, including upgrades to all resident rooms and family spaces.
- Supporting the Misericordia’s P.A.R.T.Y. program, which aims to prevent alcohol and risk related trauma in youth.